Thinking about studying abroad? Here’s the process you must follow before applying for visa.

Granted that studying abroad is a major boost to fulfilling your dreams, but it’s no joke. You need to be entirely aware of the processes and expenses. 


Let’s start with the intake

Canadian colleges have intakes three times a year, in January, May and September. What time you choose for admissions is entirely dependent on you, but be sure to spare at least 6 to 7 months.

English language test

Then, get set up for an English language test. Why should you take the test if your English is already good? Because it acts as proof that you will be able to comprehend the classes you take. You should be able to read, write, listen and speak in English, which is essentially what IELTS and PTE tests.

If your English is already good you can learn through online sources, but you can always brush up those skills with IELTS and PTE classes. They roughly take about a month, and the prices vary according to institutions.

For the IELTS, the British Council Nepal is the sole authorized body to take the exam and costs from Rs. 23,650/- to Rs. 25,300/- depending on the type of test you take. And PTE takes a min of Rs. 20,700/- conducted by a unit of Pearson PLC group.


For your courses and institutes, start looking for those related to what you’ve studied prior in +2 or bachelors, in the institutes that are DLI (Designated Learning Institute) listed by the Canadian Government. It makes you eligible for a post-graduation work permit and to apply for a study permit. It’s the crucial process for which education consultancies can help you.

 Offer letter

After you’ve been selected for the program you’ve applied for, you need to apply for the offer letter. You also need the TRF (Test Report Form) from the IELTS exam. You can check the college website or consult your education consultancy for this, taking about 14 days to 1 month. Some colleges take fees for the letter USD 80 to 100 (Rs. 9200 to 11500).

NOC (No Objection Certificate)

You will need to take NOC as soon as you’ve completed the other process. NOC will allow you to send money to your universities as fees. It’s a bit tricky because you have to show enough balance in your sponsor’s bank account. The balance should be able to cover your university fees, living costs and the cost of bearing the household of the sponsor’s family to show that you will be able to live and study there even if you don’t work. You can show this through the bank statement. Other than your parents, your grandparents are recommended to be your sponsor as they do not have familial obligations.

Address and Name verification

You might need an address and name verification in the cases where your address has changed because of the change to the federal system. And in the case of name, if in some certificates your name is Mohan Tuladhar and in others, it is Mohan Raj Tuladhar -verifying it shows that both are the name of the same person. You can make it from your ward office, approx. Rs. 1000 per certificate.

SOP (Statement of Purpose) and Certificates

Take your time with this, as it is an important element. Talk to your consultancy and look through online resources to make it better.

Be sure to have all your certificates as you will have to upload them, including your character certificate and recommendation letter.

After all these processes, you are finally ready to apply for the visa. If you are jumbled, contact us, we will gladly answer all of your questions and help you through the process.

Other Blogs

Get Started Today !!

We are here to answer your queries and assist you to accomplish your dream to abroad study with our expert team.