Making plans for the future is an exciting process! It could entail a lot of research, evaluation, and even dealing with unexpected challenges you never expected to face.

Similarly, when selecting a study abroad for furthering your education, you should consider the country’s education system, quality of life, and, most importantly, the government’s provisions for studying and working during your course tenure.

What if we told you that Canada is one of those different universities that has it all? Yes! Of course, you heard correctly!

Over 200,000 Nepalese students choose to study in Canada each year, and the country ranks first in the world for a better quality of life. Which is superior? The Canadian government also provides international students with numerous study and work opportunities to help them broaden their horizons.

We’ve compiled a list of the study and employment opportunities in Canada that you should be aware of to help you plan ahead of time. Go ahead and read it!

Work Opportunities in Canada While Studying:

  1. Off-Campus Jobs

International students enrolled in a full-time academic, professional training, or vocational course (at a Designated Learning Institute leading to a degree certificate or diploma with a valid study permit) are permitted to work off-campus in Canada without a work permit. This ideally means that you will be able to work for an employer of your choice in occupations unrelated to your programs.

It is also critical to demonstrate adequate financial resources when applying for a study permit. This means you must provide proof of financial support for yourself during your study period.

You can do the following while studying in Canada:

Work 20 hours per week off-campus during the course’s duration and full-time during holidays and scheduled breaks (including spring, winter, and summer breaks).

If you have finished your course and are awaiting your post-graduation work permit, you can work full-time (within 90 days of course completion).

  1. Work on Campus

Foreign students can begin working on-campus as soon as their study program in Canada begins. To begin working in Canada, international students must have a study permit that allows them to work on campus.

International students may work on campus without a work permit if they meet the following criteria:

  • A student attends a university/college/public post-secondary school full-time.
  • A student is enrolled in a course at a private college in Quebec that adheres to the same standards as public institutions, with government grants covering more than half of the cost.
  • A student attends a private university that, under Canadian Provincial Law, can grant degrees to students worldwide.
  • A student has a valid study permit and a SIN (Social Insurance Number).
  1. Cooperative Learning

Co-op courses include paid work experience as part of the academic program. International students who choose a co-op course will typically have their courses scheduled for four months on-campus and another four months working as full-time employee in an organization.

Co-op courses are an excellent way to gain relevant experience, explore career options, and earn money while furthering your education. As an international student, you can prepare for interviews by applying your skills to real-world problems, and you can graduate in four years with significant full-time work experience.

                         There are more opportunities to study and work in Canada than you may have previously considered!

Fill out our inquiry form to learn more about studying and working in Canada. Our expert counsellors will contact you to answer any questions you have about studying in Canada this fall!. If you want to know more about life as an international student in Canada, talk to one of the best consultancy from Nepal.

Other Blogs

Get Started Today !!

We are here to answer your queries and assist you to accomplish your dream to abroad study with our expert team.